Gas Safety Certificate – BTU Group
Home | Gas Safety Certificate

Gas Safety Certificate – BTU Group

As well as ensuring the boiler and heating system in your rental property is in good working order and has been serviced by a Gas Safe Registered engineer, under the Gas Safety Regulation Act of 1998, all landlords are obliged to obtain a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) annually and to give it to their tenants. You are classed as Landlord whether you simply rent out a room in your home or whether you have a multi-property portfolio. A Landlord Gas Safe Certificate from BTU costs £25.00 (plus VAT) and covers all pipe work, gas appliances and flues installed at the rental property.

BTU engineers will check:

• The complete gas installation and all appliances for gas leaks
• Your appliances have the correct gas pressures and gas rates, ensuring they are operating safely and efficiently
• The installation meets the manufacturers requirements for safe and effective operation
• If your appliance needs ventilation to operate safely, that this is of the correct size and type for the appliance
• That any chimney system in use in the property is checked to ensure it will remove combustion fumes from appliances safely
• That each appliance operates as intended, that it is safe and working as efficiently as it can
• Each appliance will be assessed that it meets the legal and design requirements for its condition, stability and operation and use

They will also investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to the landlord.

Subject to passing all of the checks and tests, the Gas Safety Certificate will be issued to the landlord, whose responsibility it is to provide to the tenant direct or to the Letting Agent within 28 days of the certificate issue.

Gas Safety Certificates are formal records of all gas appliances installed in a home. They provide details of any safety defects and confirmation of the operational safety checks carried out on gas appliances and the associated results.

As a landlord you must provide a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate to the tenant.

If you would like learn more about your responsibilities as a Landlord you can find it on the HSE website.

For further information about our Landlord and Letting Agents services:

Landlord Call us

BTU 50th Anniversary 2013BES LogoAccredited Contractor ResizedconstructionlineLogo resizedExor-Roundel resizedFORS-Logo01Gas Safe logo reg BTU MAINTENANCE_resizedNICEIC Approved-contractor Reg 4col_resizedlogo med-oftec2 Refcom -« Logo F-Gas Certificated resizedSeal colour SafeContractor Sticker resizedSOC CI UKAS-H-ISO 9001-RGBISO 14001 Registered - Grey resized