The BTU fleet is managed according to FORS Bronze standards and includes:
• Monthly inspections of all vehicles and as required repair, service and maintenance.
• Replacement of up to 20% of the fleet annually to ensure compliance with EU emissions standards.
• Monthly monitoring of fuel consumption by vehicle.
• Vehicle tracking devices to monitor routes taken and speeds driven.
• Drivers not meeting set KPI’s for consumption are separately assessed by the RAC Fleet Risk Management process to identify and then improve aspects of poor driving ability. Studies have shown that the adoption of policies as outlined above can reduce CO2 emissions by approximately 15%.